1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Roamio Pro

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by McCopper, Nov 21, 2013.

1. McCopper

McCopper New Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I’ve been a Tivo customer for eleven years but I am rapidly becoming disenchanted with them. They sold me a Roamio Pro knowing the Charter my cable provider’s cable cards did not support a 6 tuner DVR. After 45 day of lowering signal strength below 100%, reducing the SNR to 36db, 6 Charter visits, the installation of 10 different cable cards, installing a new Roamio Pro unit and many arguments with Charter over firmware upgrades now both Tivo and Charter have told me that there is nothing else that can be done but to turn off 3 of my 6 tuners. Conclusions if you live in Fort Worth, Texas do not waste your money buying a Tivo Roamio.
  2. bogart

bogart New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    What makes you think TiVo knew of the problem when they sold you the Roamio?
  3. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Only 3? I thought '4' was the only possibility other than 6? (not that that is GOOD either...)

Plus, others have said they've gotten firmware updates to fix the cablecards..