1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Roamio Plus Return/Exchange

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by SlickVik, Nov 22, 2013.

1. SlickVik

SlickVik New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Will some kind soul here who bought a new TiVo Roamio Plus be willing to sell me their empty box (if you're planning to throw it away anyway?).

I decided to upgrade to a Roamio Pro but I accidently threw away the Plus box so I don't know how to send it back. I am not sure if TiVo will take a Plus back in Pro box - so if anyone has experience doing that it would be helpful to know!

2. aristoBrat

aristoBrat Active Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Va Beach, VA
    The boxes have numbers unique to the hardware printed on the side. Since yours won't match, might be worth calling TiVo CS and seeing what they say.

3. SlickVik

SlickVik New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah - I was planning on removing the sticker from outside the box if I got one - that way it wouldn't look like it was different.

I will contact CS as a last resort, as I'm guessing they'll simply try to charge me some exorbitant 15% 'restocking free' OR simply refuse to return. I've already ordered the Pro and its on its way. I mean I'd rather just send it back in the pro box in that case and take my chances :D.

4. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Colorado
    Exorbitant? An at least appropriate cost for stupid, imo.