TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

TiVo Roamio OTA And Slingbox

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  krkaufman 
#1 ·
I have a RiVo Roamio OTA, as well as TiVo Mini and TiVo Stream. I am considering adding a Slingbox. Should I connect the Slingbox to the TiVo Roamio itself or the TiVo Mini? Or doesn't it matter?

#2 ·
Depends on if someone will be home when you are using the slingbox remotely.

Unlike the stand alone Stream, your Slingbox is going to take over the device it is attached too, if there are no issues having it take over the Roamio I would attach it directly, if however someone else at home might want to be using the Roamio at the same time I would connect it to your Mini.

#3 ·
You could connect to either though there is more chance of something going wrong with a mini connection to the TIVO thus making the Sling not work rather than the Sling directly to the TIVO. Remember the Slingplayer can do anything you could do if you were sitting at the TIVO and there are some things the MINI can't access that the TIVO can in the menu.

#6 ·
I gather that the TiVo Roamio OTA has both an RF and an infrared remote control that can be selected. Is that true of the TiVo Mini as well or are they either RF or infrared remote controls?
There are 2 versions of the TiVo Mini. Both versions are capable of IR remote control out-of-the-box; however, the original Mini (aka v1) requires a special USB RF dongle and a replacement remote to enable RF remote control.

More info here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.