1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo remote won't go into "learning mode"

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dafish721, Apr 19, 2012.

1. dafish721

dafish721 New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    when I press Tivo button and select button simultaneously the amber light that lights up on all my other Tivo remote to tell me I'm in learning mode never lights up. It lights up when I press buttons but just won't go into learning mode. Any advice?

2. dianebrat

dianebrat drastically off narrative TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Are you sure it's a learning remote? only the silver edged Glo-remotes are learning.

3. dafish721

dafish721 New Member

Dec 7, 2005
    You have solved my problem! All my other remotes are silver edged but this new one that came with my Tivo Premiere has a black edge. You would think that they would not be cheap like that and send me a learning remote. Thanks for the help.

4. dianebrat

dianebrat drastically off narrative TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Premieres normally come with standard remotes, the XL and Elite have the Glo (there were some glo promos with Premieres at times)

5. Orthanos

Orthanos New Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Is there a way to program the tv on switch and volume buttons on a non-learning remote?

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Yes. To get the instructions and the codes go to Settings->Remote, CableCARD, & Devices->Remote Control Setup

7. Orthanos

Orthanos New Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Thanks, that was easy :)