1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tivo remote slider pro

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by slate, Jan 12, 2014.

1. slate

slate New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Hello,
    I could get away with just using my tivo remote if it only had a way to turn my receiver's power on and off. I need to control both my tv and my receiver's power with the one remote. The new tivo slider pro product features blurb uses "and/or" when it talks about receiver power and tv power, but from looking at the buttons it doesn't seem possible that this remote can do what I want. Am I missing something?
    Thank you!
    -Ben

2. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    It can program all tivo remotes do both the tv and reciever power, both with one power button press...

googled it, one of many results: (from http://blog.tivo.com/2010/08/guest-...oes-more-than-you-knew-it-could/#.UtL5zfQ7f0c )

"People also seemed to be confused about what the remote controls can do. Start with Messages & Settings -> Settings -> Remote, CableCARD, & Devices -> Remote Control. The TiVo remote can control the power on BOTH your TV and receiver. Program the TV power like normal, then do the procedure again – only this time enter the IR code number for your receiver (maybe it’s receiver first than TV, but the point is it can do both). One press sends both signals. I’ve been using this feature for many years now, it is very convenient. Also, the TiVo Series3, Glo, TiVo HD XL, and Premiere XL remotes are all learning remotes – so even if it doesn’t have the IR code you need, several buttons can be programmed by ‘learning’ from your existing remote"

3. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    To get it programmed the way you want, you have to do three steps in the order I list:

1. press and hold TV POWER & TIVO, enter the TV code
    2. press and hold MUTE & TIVO, enter av receiver code
    3. press and hold TV POWER & TIVO, enter the av receiver code again.

4. slate

slate New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Doesn't work for me. I have a Panasonic TV and a Yamaha receiver. I had the Panasonic code programmed in. Then I went through the process with the Yamaha codes, and the result was no control over either device. Maybe it would work if Yamaha made TV's.

So back to my original question...

5. slate

slate New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood some of the instructions. It works, I had not idea I could expect a feature like this. I wish Tivo put these instructions right in the settings page :)

6. todd_j_derr

todd_j_derr Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Pittsburgh,...
    I had no idea you could do that, thanks.

Although, in one room, I have a soundbar which has no working tivo codes. I bought a Glo remote so I could learn the volume/mute codes, but I don't know if I can get this "double power" thing to work if I have to learn the soundbar power code.

7. HF444

HF444 New Member

Dec 17, 2006
    Silicon...
    For those who have purchased the slider remote:

How are you using the keyboard ?
    How often are you using the keyboard?

Do you now feel that it was a good use of the $ 50 ?
    And why ?

Thanks.

8. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    Ive only had mine since Xmas, but I'm definetly liking the search button... with the new winter shows that have been starting up, it made things quick to find and add

I tried the kb in one of the new apps in the opera App Store (a weather one maybe?) and it didn't work

I like the smaller size... I don't have small hands, but still less "stretching" to reach things... still getting used to the small differences in the layout