1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo rather than extra V+ Box?

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by bygravey, May 7, 2012.

1. bygravey

bygravey New Member

May 4, 2012
    I have a Tivo box on my main television and have subsribed to the Virgin package that gives you a seperate box in another room which is independent to the main box so therefore have on demand/catch up and watch a different channel at the same time, but they have supplied the V+ Box with no pause or record facility. if I buy another Tivo box will it all work? (I have the full package)

Thanks

2. ashpole

ashpole New Member

Jan 25, 2011
  3. Ernie_C

Ernie_C New Member

Feb 20, 2011
    I presume that you mean rent another TiVo from Virgin Media to replace the non-recording V+?

If this is the case, the second TiVo will have all of its function on all your subscribed channels but it will cost you an addition TiVo charge of £5 per month.

4. bygravey

bygravey New Member

May 4, 2012
    yeah thx - but you can buy them seperate on ebay for about £40 so assume no additional subscription required in terms of exchange enablement?

5. smokie

smokie New Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Thought the card needed to be paired with the TiVo, which precludes using a V+ card in a TiVo doesn't it? Someone will be along soon who can confirm that.

6. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Geek

Apr 1, 2002
    Manchester
    You can buy stolen ones from ebay for about £40, sure :p

VM won't activate a card for a box they didn't supply, so unless you have a hankering for exotic doorstops that's not really a good option.

7. bygravey

bygravey New Member

May 4, 2012
    Thanks Tony wasnt aware they had to activate the card to the box just incorrectly assumed i could swap from the existing box. saved me making a booboo - thank you! :up: