1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo rather than extra V+ Box?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bygravey, May 6, 2012.

1. bygravey

bygravey New Member

May 4, 2012
    I have Tivo on my main tele and upstairs have subsrbed ot the package that gives you a sep box in another room but they have supplied the V+ Box with no pause or record facility. if I buy another Tivo box will it all work? (I have the full package)

Thanks

2. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
  3. bygravey

bygravey New Member

May 4, 2012
    Thanks Bradleys - I am with Virgin Media in the UK so will post as you recommend. Yes I have a package that allows me to watch TV seperate to the main box as well as use the catch up and on demand facility. So I'm thinking I should be able to plug in a Tivo Box rather than the limited V+ box.

4. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I do not think so...

In order to use the connected features the TiVo needs to be registered and given a specific permission by TiVo. Even if you could subcribe and setup a retail TiVo at your location - I highly doubt that it would be able to see your V+ TiVo.

5. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Have you looked in the mirror, Mr. Kettle? ;)

6. rhettf

rhettf R3T1CAL

Apr 5, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    He edited the post after I said that. The post was not clear to me and his edit made it very clear. I removed my post now since by his edit my comment became irrelevant.

Thanks for the revised post, I have definitely done the same thing myself but its cool, we humans make mistakes :)

Thanks for letting me know he edited his comment - even if it was in a smart ass way :)