1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo PROM Modification Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by habibrobert, Nov 16, 2012.

1. habibrobert

habibrobert New Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to the DVR community so if you could bare with me, I'd really appreciate it. I've been from a number of people that it is not possible to do a PROM modification on a Tivo Series 4, but then again, I've also heard from some that it is possible. I really dont know what to believe! Anyone know which is true?

Many Thanks,

Robert

2. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    That's a forbidden topic on this forum. There is another Tivo forum that discusses such matters but you will have to search for it because it can't be mentioned here.

3. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    I think it is safe to mention it is impossible. Indeed, on an S4, the chain of trust is not merely coded on a PROM. It is also encrypted and coded into the CPU itself.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    To find the site which can't be mentioned here and learn to which models the forbidden topic can be applied and to which ones it can't, google for "omikron prom day".

First result should be a link to DDB.