1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Primiere screen goes black

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by nickhill365, Oct 28, 2012.

1. nickhill365

nickhill365 New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I just got a Tivo Primiere about a week ago and since ive had it about once a day i the screen goes black and nothing responds i have to unplug my tivo and wait for iot to reboot is there any way i can fix this annoying problem?

2. nickhill365

nickhill365 New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    also it doesn't always go black sometimes the picture freezes and i still have to reset it

3. timbuckone

timbuckone New Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I had the same thing happen to me last night when i was done watching a netflix movie. i hit the up arrow button and the screen went blank(black). The unit was unresponive for a period of time than I pressed the live tv button and I got the small screen in the corner. pressed live tv again and i got a normal picture.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yesterday (Sunday) one of my Premieres was kind of wonky for several hours. I had one of those 'N33' errors and, while I WAS able to navigate everywhere I needed to go, it was as slow as molasses in January. I don't know what the heck was going on. I didn't have that problem with the other Premiere.

I was almost wondering if they were working on the update but, alas, I have the same version. The 'N33' error finally went away and operations were normal again.