1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Premiere XL Update Software today - horribly slow channel change

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by johnnylundy99, Dec 6, 2012.

1. johnnylundy99

johnnylundy99 New Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Changing channel with the remote "Channel" button is all of a sudden ridiculously slow since the update this morning.

TiVo Premiere XL.

I am referring to the actual changing of the channel NUMBER, say from 809 to 810, when pressing the "Channel Up" rocker button.

I of course restarted the TiVo but the issue is not resolved.

Has this been noticed by anyone else? I presume this is the update that everyone was referring to in the 11/28 beta thread?

2. Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken New Member

Nov 23, 2012
    I've noticed a lag when I go into my recorded shows. There's a 3-5 second delay before it moves next...

3. johnnylundy99

johnnylundy99 New Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Yes, but you if you say, click the "channel up" 10 times rapidly on the TiVo remote, you don't have a lag between each number being displayed on the screen?

This is new with the latest update.

4. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    YES - and it is horribly annoying! I was writing up my own thread when I found yours suggested as a possible duplicate.

TiVo, please fix this! With Netflix, YouTube, and now this, the user experience is steadily growing worse and worse.

5. johnnylundy99

johnnylundy99 New Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Please file a support request at the TiVo Support page. Copy and paste into your browser

support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1279/kw/contact

6. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Incident report filed.

7. rmcoomes

rmcoomes New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Seeing exactly the same issue. I've also filed an incident report. There is a large list of complaints over on the Tivo forums. Tivo has responded with a couple of suggestions, but none of them seem to make any difference.

8. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    As expected, a reboot does not change the new behavior. I will call in tomorrow.

9. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I called the phone support line today and reported the problem. There is an internal list where they identify trends in reported problems from new releases, so I encourage others that have the problem to call in and report it. It might be a good idea to specifically mention that you are aware others are having the problem and you'd like to add your problem report to the list.