1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Premiere won't let me scan,or restart

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Itproman, May 16, 2013.

1. Itproman

Itproman New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Hastings,Ont...
    I recently bought a used Tivo Premiere,which I haven't activated yet.One reason being I'm waiting for Zap2it to update its TV Guide for my area -which I've been told,could take awhile,but,it will get done.Our lone analog channel flastcut to digital today,so,now the listings are out again...

So...

2 things I notice:

1)If I try to restart,I press 3 thumbs down,enter,then nothing happens,except the boom,boom,boom audio effect. lol

2)I tried to scan for digital channels,but,same as above.

Is this because I haven't activated the Tivo box?

Fortunately,I can dial in the NEW 12.1 channel direct and watch it.

Too bad there isn't a way to just add one channel,but,I have the same problem with my Sony Bravia TV,you have to do a new 'scan' for digital channels,yet with my parents Toshiba,you just have to dial it in and if it's there,it'll lock it in.

On another note:

I can sign up at tivo.com/activate ,right,have to commit for 1 year and,then,if I want to cancel,I have to phone the 877 number,correct?

2. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Hello again.

1) Are you sure you are pressing "Enter" (right bottom)? I seem to press "Clear" (left bottom) by default.

2) I am not sure if you can do a channel scan without a valid subscription. Did you try the scan using the Standard Definition User Interface.

Can I use the DVR without TiVo Service?
    Correct, you have to call to cancel.

3. Itproman

Itproman New Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Hastings,Ont...
    Ok.It looks like I'll have to call to set up also,when the time is right,because the tivo.com/activate page is still not working.

Thanks!