1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Premiere with monthly fee of $9.95

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jrusch, Sep 20, 2012.

1. jrusch

jrusch New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    I currently have two TiVo HDs with lifetime. About 10 months ago I bought a used Tivo Premiere that qualified for $9.95 monthly.

I don't need three TiVo's so I contacted TiVo to cancel the Premiere. They talked me into keeping it activated until December 13.

I'm thinking of selling it. It looks like on eBay used Premieres only go for around $75.00. I was wondering if this one would be worth more because I was told who ever owns it next will get the $9.95 monthly if they activate it before 12/13.

2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    I guess you might find someone willing to pay extra but honestly TiVo is running a special this week and they are only charging $70 for a Premiere and it's new, comes with a warranty, is shipped for free and comes with a free wireless G adapter. So unless yours has an upgrade hard drive or is an XL I wouldn't expect too much.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You might be able to get lifetime on it for $99 when you try to cancel, then you can sell it for perhaps $300 more.