1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Premiere / Time Warner NE Ohio

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rassi, Jan 13, 2013.

1. rassi

rassi Member

Jul 18, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Considering upgrading to a Premiere 4/4XL which doesn't receive OverTheAir broadcasts. Didn't give it a second thought until I read in another thread that non-digital cable broadcasts would also be a problem.... I'm wondering if that could mean that channels 1-99 would not be able to be tuned?

The only channel below 100 that I care about is channel 18 - WGN America where I can watch my beloved Cubs during the summer.... For whatever reason, Time Warner has never decided to make an HD version of WGN available.

So.....if I upgrade to a Premiere, will I lose WGN???

Anyone else currently using one of these in this area and can confirm if this works or won't work????

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The Premiere 4/XL4 is digital cable only, no analog or OTA. You can tell which models they are as they have 4 red lights in front for its 4 tuners, while the other premieres have 2 tuners and can receive analog and digital , OTA as well.

3. bobrt6676

bobrt6676 Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Huber...
    Here in SW Ohio WGN america is channel 17. No problem tuning in with my Premiere XL4 :)

4. scole250

scole250 Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Goldsboro, NC
    rassi, call TWC and ask whether WGN America is broadcast in digital in your area. Don't get confused with the channel numbers 1-99. Cable boxes and Tivos map digital channels, which are really something like 5.1, 17.8 or 65.3 and map them to integer channel numbers, including 1-99.

5. rassi

rassi Member

Jul 18, 2003
    NE Ohio
    I didn't know that - I will ask.

Thank you!