1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Premiere Telnet Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Carsten, Jun 12, 2012.

  1. Carsten

    Carsten New Member

    108
    0
    Feb 4, 2007
    Hello,

    I am using the Telnet port on the Tivo to control my Tivo from my Phone/PC.

    Recently, since the new update was pushed 20.2.1.1-01-2-746 the Telnet port breaks every 24 hours or so. I havent figured out the exact interval.

    I've tried to disable the Network Remote feature and re-enable it again to see if that resolves the issue but it doesnt. The only way I can get it to work again is for me to unplug the Tivo and get it to boot again.

    I've also tried the Official Tivo App on my Android; it has the same affect. It doesnt work till I reboot the unit.

    Has anyone else seen this? Anyway I can fix it?

    Thanks in advance.

    Carsten
     
  2. oViTynoT

    oViTynoT Obvious Forum Lurker

    342
    0
    May 18, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Just curious, does your TiVo use DHCP to get its address? And if so, is it changing every 24 hours?
     
  3. Carsten

    Carsten New Member

    108
    0
    Feb 4, 2007
  4. zodad

    zodad New Member

    2
    0
    Nov 11, 2007
    I have the same issue, its about an 8 hour interval for me. If the unit is set to static, it will revert to DHCP, but the on-screen menu will still indicate that it is set to static. A reboot or even temporarily disconnecting the network cable will set it back to the static address, but it's only a matter of time before it happens again.

    I reported the issue to Tivo but they were unwilling to allow me to reference other users' cases so that they could gather further information.
     
  5. lpwcomp

    lpwcomp Active Member

    8,081
    2
    May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I was about to open a new thread but this may be related to what I am seeing. I have static IP addresses assigned to my computer and all of the TiVos. The IP Address Allocation page in my router has the following for the computer, the TiVo 2 and the THD:

    Code:
    Device Status 	   Connected Static IP
    Address Assignment Static IP - no DHCP
    
    while both Premieres show:

    Code:
    Device Status      Connected DHCP
    Address Assignment Private from pool:192.168.1.0
    
    They both appear to be using the fixed IP address I assigned and I am encountering no problems but it's just weird.
     

Share This Page