1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TIVO Premier Lifetime Subscription $199

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JakeRoberts, Jul 7, 2013.

1. JakeRoberts

JakeRoberts New Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I purchased a used Tivo premier off craigslist for $40. The previous owner had the Monthly service $14.99 1-year commitment; month to month thereafter. After the 1 year commitment Tivo offered them the chance to upgrade to lifetime for $199 which they declined. When I called to switch the account into my name the $199 lifetime service offer on the account was still valid and I was able to purchase it.
  2. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Congrats on a great deal. I am guessing TiVo got $480 to $520 for this unit total from you and the first owner which is actually more than they have offered this unit to me recently ($450 with lifetime), but the previous owner took a big hit and you ended up with a great deal.
  3. cncb

cncb New Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Do they always offer the $199 lifetime after a 1-year commitment? That would mean you would always come out ahead doing it this way since you will be paying $380 total for lifetime versus $500 up front?
  4. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    real nice deal, I'd do lifetime for $200, anything over $200 just seems too much to me.
  5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Even $201?....
  6. Soapm

Soapm New Member

May 9, 2007
    I lost my job so will have to cut expenses. I would pay $200 for lifetime but with my luck I will end up canceling my service on the premier. I have a TivoHD with lifetime so will stick with that.