1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Premier Display Clock

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by joe warner, Aug 19, 2013.

1. joe warner

joe warner New Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Granbury, TX
    Is there a shortcut/Easter egg for adding a clock to the display? On my Series3 TiVo you entered SELECT>PLAY>SELECT>9>SELECT.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Same code should work on the Premiere.

If you're in Live TV, press Select to bring up the mini guide, then enter the Select > Play > Select > 9 > Select code.

Otherwise you can play an existing recording and enter the code without the extra Select at the beginning, and it should work.

3. joe warner

joe warner New Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Granbury, TX
    This does not seem to work. I've tried it while in live TV and also while playing a recording.

4. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    That's odd. It works on my un-subbed Premiere.
    I just tried it this morning to make sure I wasn't blowing smoke.

:confused:

5. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    So, you are saying there is a secret way to have a clock displayed on the front panel of a Premiere TIVO? Kind of like my old Series 3 (OLED)? If so, I was not aware this was possible at all. Or is this referring to something else?

6. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Not the front panel. It's displayed on the television. It's essentially using the chip the closed captioning uses and displays a constant-on clock. I've done it myself way back in 2010 before all the UI updates took place. Not sure if it's possible anymore.

7. chiguy50

chiguy50 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    It's still operative. Just hit Select from live TV, then Select > Play > Select > 9 > Select as noted above. Make sure you're pushing the buttons crisply and in fairly rapid succession. (If you have sounds enabled, you should hear a confirmation of three "dings" when the command has been executed.)

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Is there a sequence/procedure to turn it off?

9. steve614

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Re-enter the same code. The code is a toggle. If the clock is off, the code turns it on and vice versa.

10. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Are you sure you're hitting 'select' TWICE in the beginning, as Steve and Chiguy instructed?

It's - SELECT SELECT PLAY SELECT 9 SELECT

I keep the clock on my bdrm Premiere and this always works. If you have to restart the Tivo, however, you'll need to do it again.

11. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    OK, this makes more sense. While I would have LOVED if there was a secret way of getting a clock displayed on the front, I also figured there wasn't since there isn't even ANY kind of LCD display on its panel to begin with.

I really wished they would have done something similar from the S3 (OLED) on the new Roamio line, but it looks like they didn't. Oh well.

12. joe warner

joe warner New Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Granbury, TX
    It took 6 tries but it finally worked. Thank You...

13. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I've found that sometimes you need to press the sequence of buttons fairly quickly.

14. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    The last thing I want is a half dozen clocks displayed in my tv center.

15. poofy

poofy New Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Thank You. Works perfect. Mini clock on the top right side.

16. squiddohio

squiddohio New Member

Dec 20, 2001
    Ohio
    With weather watch warnings, flood area maps, animated previews for new shows "this Fall" and "news" alerts scrolling across the bottom of the screen, if I added a clock I don't think I could see the program through all that sufff.

17. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Maybe all the stuff will move to the left or right and we can go back to 4:3 aspect ratio for content.

I wonder if a constant block will become a permanent "burn in" part of the screen?

I get Amber Alerts now also. Full screen like the EAS. Well, weather school closings soon. Something to look forward to also.

18. jhilla

jhilla Guest

May 13, 2011
    KMTTG : Click Remote, Remote, from SPS Backdoor dropbox choose "Clock" yes it even shows the code you are sending the same one as mentioned in here.