1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Premeire Server Only

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by marshatl, Nov 18, 2013.

1. marshatl

marshatl New Member

Nov 18, 2013
    It seems as most of the issues that crop up with the Premiere involve moving through the menus and utilizing the GUI. Would it be possible to turn a Premiere into a basic server that would complete all the functions of a DVR, just without a connection to a TV and just use Minis to connect to the device. I have a mini attached to my Premiere that operates very well with speed not only for remote viewing but also the apps. And with the extra processing headroom not having to generate graphics it should improve overall speed for other parts of the OS. I don't know how much re-write of the OS it would take to accomplish that, but it could gain some extra life out of existing hardware in the field and open the door to sell some more Minis with subscriptions.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    A premiere can run headless, why not just do that now? I would not expect any more development on the platform that is not also applicable to the Roamio.