1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tivo playlist and virus

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by jgaermom, Oct 24, 2013.

1. jgaermom

jgaermom New Member

Oct 22, 2005
    I have been using tivoplaylist successfully for years. 2 days ago it appeared to crash and it dissappeared and my virus software said it had a virus. i reinstalled it after turning my virus software off. Successfully transferred a show and then turned off my computer. I turned it back on the next day opened tivoplaylist and it crashed with the same virus message. I am using avast as my antivirus program. Has anyone had the same problem???? could it all of a sudden have a virus???? I am currently using tivo desktop but it is so slow.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
  3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    I suspect your AV, in a recent update, has changed so it detects TPL. There should be some way to configure it to not check TPL.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Sounds like a false detection. I would send the information to Avast so they can fix it.

Scott

5. biker4024

biker4024 biker4024

Mar 28, 2006
    this sounds like just what happened to me. kmttg will not connect to the tivo. i can ping its IP successfully but kmttg fails to connect . it gets an error 7. i,m lost and pissed!

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    This sounds like a firewall blocking ports preventing connections.