1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo+Netflix basic question: escaping out of a program!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by meganlibrarian, May 29, 2012.

1. meganlibrarian

meganlibrarian New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    I just received the latest Netflix update on my TiVo Premiere, and now I have what's probably the dumbest question ever:

How in the heck do I escape out of a paused program now?!?

Example: I start up a "Yo Gabba Gabba" episode on Tivo's Netflix. My daughter starts exclaiming that she doesn't waaaaaaaant to watch that episiode. In the past, I'd hit the left arrow button on the remote and escape back out to the episode list. With the newest update, it just rewinds the onscreen episode a few seconds. This is... suboptimal.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and figured out the answer? My spouse and I are stumped and increasingly annoyed. :thumbsdown:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. dave13077

dave13077 Member

Jan 11, 2009
    The "UP" arrow will take you back. I know it doesn't make any sense. Drove me nuts at first also. BTW press the Tivo button to exit out of the Netflix ap.

3. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    Clear also exits the app.

4. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    For me if I press the left arrow I would expect to rewind not go the show list. May be that the reason when I was watching netflix programs every time I hit the left arrow it would exit the program. They fixed the program they way it should have been since the beginning.