1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo N wireless adapter alternatives?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Peter000, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I have a Series 3 TiVo that I'd like to equip with a wireless N networking adapter. The TiVo branded one seems a bit pricey. Are there any alternatives?

This has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find it. Thanks for any help!

2. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Any Wireless Ethernet Bridge will work, a device that connects to the network wirelessly and connects to the device (TiVo) by ethernet. The TiVo believes that it is hard-wired to the network via ethernet.
    I use an Apple Airport Express with great results.

Note: No USB wireless devices other than the TiVo USB AG0100 Wireless G or TiVo AN0100 Wireless N adapters will work with a TiVo box.

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    No USB wireless devices other than the TiVo USB AG0100 Wireless G or TiVo AN0100 Wireless N adapters will work with a S3 or S4 TiVo box.

4. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Correct. Thank you for the clarification.
    The OP was discussing an S3 box, hence my not stating otherwise in my post. However, the clarification is helpful for others who might be reading the thread.

5. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    If you are going to spend money on networking hardware for your TiVo, you really should consider moca rather than wireless. Works FAR better and in most cases faster. No interference, no configuration, just plug it in and the TiVo works.