1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo MSD Qualifier

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lillevig, Aug 1, 2012.

1. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    All but one of my Tivos have been purchased as used boxes and all have lifetime. The one I got from Tivo was at the MSD price. Is there any way to know which boxes can serve as a qualifier for future MSD purchases without having to call Tivo and ask?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I think the closest you will come is to go to your TiVo account and click on billing history. There you can look at your Tivos (one at a time, unfortunately) and see which ones you paid "full price" for.

I don't know how accurate it is, though. I have 3 Tivos, an S2 and two TivoHDs.
    My first Tivo was the S2, paid full price lifetime. I got both TivoHD lifetimes with the MSD.
    However online, TiVo shows one of my TivoHDs as having the full price sub when it should be on the S2. :confused:

3. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Unfortunately, it says that I am not the billing contact for most of my Tivos since I bought them used.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    In that case, I would think you have to call TiVo.

Unless you can contact the original owners and ask if they paid full price for the lifetime service. :p