1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by richard729, Sep 25, 2013.

1. richard729

richard729 New Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I was all set to put in TiVo today with a TiVo Mini in one room and the main unit (500GB) in the other. The main unit was to replace the old cable DVR.

The glitch was with the other room in which the Mini has no input for an optical digital cable which I need to get full surround sound from my Denon receiver. That was the killer. So the installation process was cancelled.

Later, I saw a reference on this board back in August suggesting one way around this (I think) would be to purchase a Monoprice HDMI Audio Converter. Will this work or are there other workarounds? Thanks if anyone has a solution or suggestions. --Rich

2. AdamNJ

AdamNJ New Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Dunellen, NJ
    i take it you don't have an hdmi port on your receiver?

3. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    Alternatively, Monoprice has an HDMI switch http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5557

that has optical digital outputs and is slightly less expensive than the HDMI Audio Converter.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...10114&cs_id=1011412&p_id=10251&seq=1&format=2

4. richard729

richard729 New Member

Sep 24, 2013
    I ordered the Monoprice HDMI converter today. Then, I'll restart the installation of TiVo & TiVo Mini. Hope I get the sound quality I want.

As to another question re my receiver, no, there is no HDMI input but there is an optical digital cable from my Suddenlink DVR (Motorola) to the Denon receiver.

5. SDLshannon

SDLshannon New Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Hi richard729- My name is Connie and I am with Suddenlink. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your TiVo Mini. Please email me and I would be happy to assist in a resolution. My direct email is connie-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!