1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Mini - V2 RF remote issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by brentsg, Jan 3, 2017.

1. brentsg

brentsg New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    I've successfully RF paired (I think) my Mini's remote with the device. Unfortunately it seems to be also responding to IR codes intended for another TiVo (Roamio) in the same room. I know the Roamio stuff is IR b/c I am using a Logitech hub.

How do I get the Mini to stop listening to IR altogether?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Easy. Block the front with something opaque. I do that for my Roamio. A piece of wood painted flat black. My Mini is behind its TV now.

3. brentsg

brentsg New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Seriously? I mean I get that would work but surely there's a way to make these stop listening to IR. The TiVo website is really not all that clear.

I do appreciate the reply.

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TiVo shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You can't tell the Mini to stop listening to IR entirely; all you can do is configure the Mini to only obey IR commands associated with a unique IR remote address -- and ensuring that you're not using any remotes configured with the default IR remote address of '0.'

Follow the instructions in the following how-to for configuring each of your TiVo devices within IR range with unique non-'0' IR remote addresses.

Configuring your universal IR remote to use a specific IR remote address, rather than the default '0' address, is another matter. ALL TiVo devices, even if configured with a customized IR remote address, will respond to remotes that are using IR remote address '0.'

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  5. brentsg

brentsg New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Thank you very much, got it.