Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by cmonroe, Mar 8, 2013.
Well, there is this.
Don't think it's imminent. New boxes latter half of summer *at the earliest* would be my *guess*
Saw that. But I trust intel over conjecture.
The Mini being available at all Best Buys is confusing. I can't decide if it is potentially a bad decision without thinking or if it is a sign of how many tuners the next base TiVo will have.
The Premiere 4, 4XL, and Elite are only sold at the Magnolia stores which of course is the must have model for the Mini. I think it has the potential to lead to a lot of returns if people buy it without researching that it requires a 4 model especially since unless they bought at a Magnolia store they might not even be aware of a 4 tuner model.
With the 4 tuner wording I can't see them changing the packaging of the Mini for the next model TiVo which could be taken to mean the next base might be a 4 tuner.
Do we know it's ALL Best Buys?
5 of my 6 closest Best Buys are magnolia stores. Of those 6 stores two of them actually Minis in the store. Both of those stores happened to be magnolia stores.
It's TiVo, immenent could be 2014.
I assumed it was all, but maybe you are right. I hadn't heard anyone mention that picked theirs up that it was from a Magnolia store.
Same here, I activated a second today and it was recognized as a mini. I'm sure release is just around the corner.
Actually there is. TiVo just filed a waiver request with the FCC for multiple units which do not support analog. One of which they mention will support OTA. Last time TiVo filed such a waiver request we got the Elite 90 days later. However the Elite waiver request was filed as a "rush", this new one was not. I'm not sure how long this typically takes without a rush but TiVo must not be in that big of a hurry so I'm guessing we're lookngi at about 6 months. Which would coincide with the end of summer just before the new TV season starts. A historically popular time for TiVo to release new hardware.
My guess as to what we'll get... A 6 tuner cable only unit and a 3 tuner unit that supports OTA. (Maybe a 4 tuner unit with OTA if the chipset can handle it)
Info I got today suggests only Magnolia stores.
I'm aware... I created the waiver thread. 6 months isn't "imminent" in the context of the question I was answering... which is if we would see one at the end of the current bundle promotion. But I did mention the 6-tuner fall product. We're not disagreeing on anything.
Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if the delay was due to a problem caused by the Mayan programmer expired cookie code?
That depends. Gotta set of bolt cutters and a mini-Maglite?
I bought two at my store and it's not a Magnolia store.
I was wrong, the second did activate but it does not work. Quoting the comment by DailyPlanet here:
I responded with:
Well....this didn't take long.
Apparently that's a member here...
$250 for a $99 piece of hardware and he justifies the cost because he drove 45 minutes to get it?? The boy needs a tuneup. That's $1.67 per mile!
If these prove to be very hard to find after launch for whatever reason I'll sell my second unit after launch at cost (assuming it's verified working of course). This is *NOT* the unit I tore open for pictures, that one is happily humming along in the bedroom working perfectly Unit #2 isn't working due to TiVo service issues (see my post a few up).
I always hate seeing the iPhone/iPad gougers after launch. It took me 10 minutes to walk into the store and pick up device number 2 and won't take more than that to ship. At this point I feel like I'm hoarding them but as device #2 doesn't function selling it now would be pointless and who knows, on release day they may be everywhere.
Bottom line is I'm willing to sell to the first TCF member who messages me. I'll ship as soon as it starts working if they are back ordered or hard to find. I have one, that's enough to hold me over for now; someone else might as well get some enjoyment out of it.