1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Mini looses connection when turning off TV with Roamio connected

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by bob61, Sep 28, 2013.

1. bob61

bob61 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    I have Roamio Plus and 3 Mini's. I've found that when I turn the TV off that's connected to my Roamio the Mini looses connection to the Roamio, an error message is displayed. If I go back to the Tivo Menu the Mini is still connected to the Roamio as I can view the recorded shows and watch/stream the Live TV.

I have MoCa bridge set on my Roamio with connection to my LG SmartTV so maybe when the TV turns off it's funkin' up the connection. Anyone else encountering this?

2. macevedo

macevedo New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    This happened to me today when I was downloading something to the iPad. I turned off the TV and the transfer immediately failed. I did not give it to much thought though.

One other thing you may check is if you are using a Logitech universal remote, by default the Logitech will set the roaming to stand by when doing the "Off". Sequence. You have to specifically tell the Harmony not to control the power state of the Tivo.

3. bob61

bob61 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    I have a Logitech remote, I'll confirm that Tivo isn't powering off (front panel light remains on, but will double check).

4. shamilian

shamilian Member

Mar 26, 2003
    NJ
    Have you checked your HDMI settings on your TVs ?

There is usually a setting witch tells HDMI devices to turn off/sleep when the TV is turned off. ( you need to disable this feature ).

5. bob61

bob61 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Not seeing any option like that on my set (LG 55LN7400).

6. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    That was my first thought as well. Sounds like a CEC issue. The other possibility is an HDCP handshake issue.

7. bob61

bob61 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Finally had a chance to check into this further.... the problem isn't due to HDMI connections, it appears to be due to the MoCa bridge through the Roamio. I have my TV hard wired connected to the Roamio through the MoCa bridge. I disconnected the HDMI cable and turned off the TV and sure enough the connection was still dropped. If I disconnect the hardwire from the Roamio to my TV the Mini doesn't lose the connection when turning on/off.