1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tivo mini live tuner issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by mileydb, Oct 13, 2013.

1. mileydb

mileydb New Member

Oct 13, 2013
    while trying to watch live tv on mini it starts playing a football game that was aired on the nfl network on october 3rd and will not change channels till the game ends. the program was never recorded. has anyone came across this issue if so any ideas on how to fix it other than swap out the tivo .

2. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Washington
    Have you tried unplugging the mini from the wall for a few minutes, then restarting?

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I had this happen back when my Minis were only a few weeks old. It seemed like a few minutes got stuck in the buffer on one of the Minis and it kept being played no matter what channel I changed it to. I think a reboot fixed the problem for me. I don't remember for sure. I do remember rebooting everything though and it was fine later. But I have not run into the issue again.

EDIT: I just looked at my old post, it was back in april when I ran into this issue. A reboot of the Mini did not fix it. It was a reboot of my Elite/XL4 that fixed the problem.
    here is the thread.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9612081#post9612081

It also happened to someone else and they also had to reboot their XL4 to clear the issue.