1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Mini IR Receiver Location?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by weathertop, Oct 26, 2013.

1. weathertop

weathertop No worries

Jan 24, 2003
    Short Hills, NJ
    After searching here and shining a flashlight all over my new Tivo Mini, I'm looking for help on the following:

Does anyone know where the built-in IR receiver is located on the Tivo Mini?

I have an existing IR blaster that I use with my URC remote control. I've been able to run my Tivos for years by sticking this blaster over the location of the IR receivers.

...but, I'm not finding the location of the IR receiver on the Mini through trial and error.

:confused:

2. Digital Man

Digital Man Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I have my IR blaster taped just to the right of the words "Tivo Mini" on the front. If you look half way between the "i" at the end of "Tivo Mini" and the light that is in the middle of the mini, mine is just slightly left of the half way point between these.

DM

3. weathertop

weathertop No worries

Jan 24, 2003
    Short Hills, NJ
    Perfect and thanks!

I was on the phone with Tivo Tier 2 support and they first told me to just place my blaster "on the front" of the Mini (Ummmm...yeah) and then over the power indicator on the front of the Mini. Neither of these suggestions proved helpful.

I placed my blaster at the location you indicated and I'm set! I have great response time with my URC remote at this location.

4. Jasafar

Jasafar New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Philadelphia...
    Been racking my brain over this for awhile. All set now! Thank you!

5. dbwilbur

dbwilbur New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Northern VA
    This is great info, thanks for posting it!!