1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Mini at Best Buy

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by jfh3, Mar 12, 2013.

1. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    The TiVo Mini is up on the Best Buy site.

Right now says "Coming Soon". Since Best Buy officially starts selling them on 3/17, I suspect that's when it will become active.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
  3. wizardman13

wizardman13 New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Mine are suppose to come in on Thursday. I wonder if Best Buy will let me have them or make me wait until 3/17.

4. overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...
    They originally told me Friday. Then, he said the truck was coming Thurday and I could get them then.

Now, my TiVo.com order, is coming Wednesday. I need to call BB and cancel. I could just not pick them up. Somebody will get them, I'm sure.

Does anybody know if they will charge me anything, if I do that? When I "ordered" them, he called it a transfer, so who knows.

5. teklock

teklock New Member

Sep 11, 2012
    I ordered mine on Friday, but went in today and they were on the shelf. So I just got that one. Plano, TX has 3 more on the shelf. Garland has some also.

So yes, they are still selling them.

6. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    No, there should be no charge. BB should just process it as a return.

7. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    My order is due Thursday too. I suspect that unless whoever helps you at the Customer Servce desk has read the corporate memo, you will be able to pick it up Thursday.

8. wizardman13

wizardman13 New Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I got an email from Best Buy- "Your order has been shipped to the store". But it only shows one has been shipped. OMG.....

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I went to a different BestBuy today(the one closest to me) and the lady there said the Mini would be coming this week. So I had her order me two. I'm thinking about using one in a location where my ELite is already located. So I would use the Mini instead for the faster interface.

I'll have to try one first and if I don't like using it that way then I can just return the second one. I figure I'll be lucky anyway if both of them show up this Friday. If only one shows up then I'll just cancel the second one for now.

10. overFEDEXed

overFEDEXed Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Centerville,...

Thank you for that info.

11. geekmedic

geekmedic TiVo Fanatic TCF Club

Apr 4, 2003
    Atlanta, GA USA
    I walked into Best Buy yesterday and saw them on the shelf. Got one and an XL4 and I'm really happy about the setup!

12. rmpearl

rmpearl New Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Walked into the Magnolia-Best Buy in Chandler, AZ last night and they had about 5 on the shelf priced at $99.98. I had called earlier and all the phone operator did was check the website with the SKU that I gave her (rather than checking her inventory system) and said it was "Coming Soon". She wouldn't even confirm that they would be carrying it which I knew was likely because it seems that the Magnolia stores will be the first ones to carry the Mini. I also called the Ahwatukee Best Buy and they had two in stock according to their system. The Chandler location is closer to my house so I took a chance that they were there and I was right.

They offered their 4 year service plan which ran $19.99 (offered is a nice way to say that I had to prompt the Cashier to add it on). I believe there was a 2 year for $14.99 as well. Both well below the price for the extra plan from Tivo.

13. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Did they do anything on the price(s)?

14. teklock

teklock New Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Do what on the prices?

15. MPSAN

MPSAN Active Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    I meant did they reduce the price at all or offer a "bundle"?

16. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You aren't going to see the Mini much below $99 considering it was just released. It will probably be many months before there is a price drop and at just $99, I wouldn't expect much of a price drop.

17. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The current Stream bundles all end on Sunday. So maybe we'll see some bundle deals on Monday?

18. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    When we start seeing some REALLY good bundle deals, rampant speculation will start about the impending release of the next-gen box as they seemingly look to clear out inventory.

19. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
    Aren't Tivo's bundles typically just the sum of the retail price of each separate item, with an exciting exclamation point added? :)

20. tatergator1

tatergator1 Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Many times, yes. But the current bundle deals do represent significant discounts on the products. The way the bundle is set up, you can actually remove portions you don't want. You can get a Premiere 4 for $189, the Stream for $91, or the MoCA adapter for $35. Those are 25% to 30% savings, nothing to laugh about in this situation.