1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Loses Video over time

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by brshoemak, Dec 3, 2012.

1. brshoemak

brshoemak New Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Did some searching for this but didn't find anything like it.

Sometimes I will lose the video/sound output on my Tivo Premiere. I have never experienced the loss of video at the time it occurs so I can't give too many details in that regard.

- Connection to TV is HDMI (occurs with or without HDMI splitter in place)
    - TV says 'No Signal'
    - Tivo lights appear normal, button presses on the remote are registered on the Tivo (amber light).
    - Must reboot Tivo to fix the issue.

It never occurred until a month or so ago, so I would be interested to see a update schedule to find out if the start of the issue coincides with a major/minor update.

Anyone have any thoughts this issue?
  2. TiVoSupport_Kaitlyn

TiVoSupport_Kaitlyn TiVo Representative

Oct 15, 2012

For an issue like this, if it is a High Definition TiVo of any kind there are some diagnostics you can check to see if the issue is signal related.
    1. From TiVo Central, select Messages & Settings > Settings > Channels > Signal Strength - Cable.
    2. Press SELECT to display the Signal Strength Meter. A Warning screen appears, telling you that using the Signal Strength Meter will stop all recordings.
    3. Highlight OK, access this setting and press SELECT. The signals strength meter appears.
    Then we need to check the signal quality.
    1. Tune to a channel that is having a problem.
    2. Write down the channel number and then press RECORD to lock the tuner to the channel. (If two CableCARDs are installed, this also locks the tuner to the CableCARD.)
    3. Press the TIVO button and select Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > box Diagnostics
  3. MeInDallas

MeInDallas New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas