1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo List Button

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by aaronwt, Jul 9, 2011.

1. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Did something change with the List button on the Premiere recently?

I've had the list button on my Harmony remotes for many years. When there was only an SDUI with the previous TiVos it would take me to the Now Playing List.

But when the Premiere first came out, the List button would not open up the My Shows list which is in the HDUI. It would take you to the Now Playing List which is in the SDUI even though you are running the HDUI.

So I stopped using this button because I wanted to view the My Shows List and not the Now Playing List.

But recently when I tried it, The list button now opens up the My Shows list.

Is this something new or has it been this way for awhile now? I'm glad I can start using the list button on my Harmony remotes again.

2. NYHeel

NYHeel Active Member

Oct 7, 2003
    It has been this way for awhile. I got my first premeire last November and I was annoyed that the list button knocked you into the sdui and I even complained about it here. But the next software update changed it and restored the list button to go to the my shows screen in the hdui. I'd say it's been about 6 months.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Thanks. I never even knew. I had stopped using the list button and never checked it out again until recently.

4. Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Stupid question - but do the tivo peanuts have the List button again? It's the one button I missed on the peanut. I usually use my Harmony (which gives me the beloved List button), but sometimes I have to drop back to the peanut and it annoys me to no end.

5. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    The Peanuts don't have the list button, only D* remotes did as far as I know. A Premier XL learning remote could learn the button.