1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tivo keeps trying to record reruns of SVU on usa

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pakostevens, Feb 23, 2014.

1. pakostevens

pakostevens New Member

Aug 25, 2003
    for the next couple weeks it looks like my tivo keeps wanting to record like 100+ episodes of ncis and l&o svu reruns on the usa network. I have season passes for both of these on cbs / nbc and both of those are set to first run only. all of the episodes that its scheduling to record do have the "R," on the info. anyone know whats up with this or how to fix it?

I have a series 3 TiVo HD XL btw.

thx!

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Do you have any Wishlists set up? That could be a reason why those reruns are being picked up.

3. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    I have what may be a similar problem with one show in particular that does the same thing. If I look into the To Do List, it always shows that it is scheduled to record every episode of this show (SP is NEW ONLY). However, only the new episodes record in the end.

It appears to do with the programming information. The show information always seems generic initially, so the TiVo shows it to record in the To Do List. Then, the program information seems to be updated prior to the airings, so only the new episodes actually record.

Checking other things like Wish Lists, as suggested by steve614, may also be a solution.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Safety Pin

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    The SPs affect only the channel that the season Pass is set for so it's likely that you're getting recorded suggestions. By default TiVo gives shows with a Season Pass one or two thumbs up (it used to be two but now I think it's only one) which causes it to record it as a suggestion when it sees it on other channels. Change the rating of the shows to neutral or a single thumb down. This won't affect your SPs but it will discourage recording them as a suggestion elsewhere.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It has always been just one thumbs up for any user scheduled recording.

And the OP is not seeing a list of scheduled suggestions because there is no such list available to the user.

6. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Record this episode, season pass, and auto record wishlist use different icons to show how the episode was scheduled. On the list of upcoming episodes for each show, what icon is used to indicate which episodes will be recorded?

7. pakostevens

pakostevens New Member

Aug 25, 2003
    they have the season pass icon for them. The only wishlist I have setup is keyword mortal kombat and I have record suggestions turned off. Makes no sense why it's trying to record these. Took like 20mins to sit there and cancel them all 1 by 1.

8. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Before I'd do all that, I'd select one and then choose modify SP and then cancel the SP and then do the same for the other series. I'd be checking to see if the scheduled nbc and cbs episodes were also cancelled.

Did you check the SP manager for SP's set for usa?