1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo jumping to end of live recordings while viewing, also dumping 30 min cache.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by renee312, Jan 15, 2013.

1. renee312

renee312 New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Ever since the Fall update, we've had numerous problems with our Premier,
    ESPECIALLY regarding the 30 min CACHE:

1) If you hit record on a live show and are behind a bit, Tivo will jump to the end of your show when it's done recording....leaving you to have to go find your once "live" show in the playlist and then find where you left off.

If your watching-while-recording sports, you get jumped to the end of the game....Tivo used to seamlessly deliver you from the live recording end to the beginning of the cache of the next live show!?

2) We used to be able to watch live tv a half hour behind (using cache) even if it needs to record another show in the next hour. Now, we lose the show we are watching (it dumps the cache) and it jumps to the next show in progress.
    Now you have to hit record on everything just in case you want to finish the show before it turns the tuner.

3) We used to be able to hit record and grab a few minutes of the previous show, even if it's gone into the next hour. So if you see something you'd like to capture at 9:50, you could still hit record and Tivo will record that PLUS the ten o'clock show after it. Not anymore. Now it dumps the cache and jumps forward.

Been told by Tivo to restart and run tests. No help.

If they replace it, I wonder if we'll just have the same issues.
    It all started after the UPDATE.

2. renee312

renee312 New Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Seen a few people with this issue, any one getting answers?

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    This has been posted multiple times in the Premiere forum. If someone had discovered a solution, it would have been posted there. And if it started after the update, indicating a software problem, then why would you replace the unit?

Just wait until TiVo fixes it with another update...

4. sdnative1

sdnative1 New Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Same problem here with my Tivo Premiere 4-tuner unit. I watch a lot of shows delayed...often joining the live broadcast recording 15-30 minutes late. When the live recording ends, Tivo jumps from the current playback position to the current live position of the ended recording. I'm only recording on 1 or 2 of the 4 tuners at a time in most cases. The outcome of the game or movie is spoiled when this happens. Very frustrating Tivo! Please patch!

5. julieknits

julieknits New Member

Oct 1, 2012
    We had that kind of thing happening on our Premiere. Drove my husband crazy when it happened during sports events. Turning off the HD menus and going back to the old SD ones seems to fix it for us. It never happens when we're using the old menu system.

6. sdawge

sdawge New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    We are running into this issue as well. It was suggested that we reset our remotes. That didn't do anything to help at all. Has anyone found a solution yet ?