My 4-tuner Roamio (OTA only) had an interesting event last night, which I might blame on a tuning adapter if I had such a thing. I noticed that the main HD channel of a local station with serious multipath problems was showing an error (V53, I think), as it does sometimes, but oddly the .2 subchannel was being received just fine on a different tuner. So I checked my 2-tuner Premiere, and it was receiving the main channel just fine. After checking back and forth a couple of times, I used channel-down to retune the Roamio's tuner lower, then channel-up to retune the problem channel, and it was immediately received perfectly. I realized afterward that I should have checked the Diagnostics screen to see if this looked similar to the odd error-counting situation I saw on March 1st, but in that case I think the signal was actually glitchy when the strangeness occurred. I'm thinking that under some circumstances the Roamio tuner can see a glitch that it treats like an infinite loop in the data stream, causing it to seize up and stop accepting data. And I wonder if a signal strong enough to overdrive something could cause such a problem. If that sort of lockup isn't impossible by definition in the design of the modulation method, then the chipset should immediately detect when it is being overrun by data and clear its buffer. And if the chipset doesn't do that, then some task in the supporting software needs to monitor the chipset closely to detect the seized-up data-overrun condition promptly and tell the chipset to clear or retune or reset or something to clear the lockup. TiVo's programmers need to review the functional characteristics manual for the chipset and consult with the chipset engineers as necessary to get this fixed.