1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo iPhone app questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bradm23, May 10, 2014.

1. bradm23

bradm23 New Member

Mar 28, 2003
    I currently have a series 3 box and have used the iPhone app for some basic functions. Many of the functions are grayed out and say only available for Premiere and Roamio. Do these functions work on a 2 tuner premiere or only the 4 tuner versions and does it require tivo stream?

2. dbattaglia001

dbattaglia001 Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    If you want to stream or download using iPhone or ipad, you need any premiere or basic roamio (with tivo stream add on). Tivo plus and pro come with tivo stream built in.

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    What functions? The iPhone app does everything on my Premieres, but I don't know anything about streaming as I would need a TiVo Steam.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Series 3 are quite limited in that department, only for the guide and no shows.

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    If you mean scheduling/to do list, you can do that on Premiere WITHOUT a stream.. To actually download or stream shows, you need a Premiere or Roamio.. and as stated, Premieres AND the lowest end Roamio require separate Tivo Stream.. higher than that have the stream functionality built in.

If you want to buy a used Stream, I have one (since I have a Premiere 4 before I got the Roamio, and got a now unused Tivo Stream too).