1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo iOS app update 3.0

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Am_I_Evil, May 16, 2013.

1. Am_I_Evil

Am_I_Evil Member

Apr 7, 2009
    New update...adds "what to watch" feature and for some reason REMOVES Mini support...not really sure I understand why mini support would be removed...

2. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    It also adds a "login in once with your TiVo.com account, use anywhere" feature, which is touted after first launching the app after updating. Unfortunately it doesn't work. After logging in with my TiVo account at home, when I went to my office (WiFi) and launched the app later in the day, I was told it couldn't find any devices on my LAN and asked me to log in again. So much for logging in once.

As for the "What to watch" feature, at first glance I guess it could be somewhat useful to some people, but I'll probably never use it. It's annoying that it always opens to that page when starting the app.

3. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I like the new What to Watch functionality.

I'd like the TiVo to start playing the show immediately when I click the cover art in WtW (maybe implemented only when you tap and hold on the cover art?).

I wish they would add password persistence when in "away" mode. Having to input your password every time you open the app outside your home network is a deterrent to using the app when not at home. Thought that might have been fixed in the 3.0 update but no dice.