1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tivo in US, me in Europe--can I access it?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by just_lele, May 17, 2012.

1. just_lele

just_lele New Member

May 15, 2012
    I am going to be moving to Europe this summer. If I leave my tivo with a family member and get it all hooked up right, is there a way for me to access my shows on it? Via computer or anything else?

2. Joe01880

Joe01880 I love my TiVo

Feb 8, 2009
    Boston
  3. pmiranda

pmiranda New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    If your cableco doesn't restrict copying you can transfer shows to a computer and then across the pond, although you'd still want a sling box in case you need to do some setup that can't be done with the web or phone app.

4. AudioNutz

AudioNutz New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    There are two other solutions that I can think of:

1. If your router supports it, set it up so that KMTTG can get to your TiVo from wherever you are.

I travel all over too...
    This is the solution I use:

2. If you have a computer at home, set up KMTTG to download each show, then cut the commercials, encode for whatever device you watch on, and then save them to a share point on the computer. Then... Open this share point via FTP.

(I also add one extra step. I zip the shows and scramble the name of the zipped file, so that if I'm on a corporate network, the firewall admins don't see the names of the tv shows as filenames being transferred.)