1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo home?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Redbloke1956, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Redbloke1956

Redbloke1956 New Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Hi from a newbie,(60 year old), several years ago I bought a TiVo with the extra "home package"? Or what ever it is called, it is the package that allows you to transfer movies from TiVo to computer etc.
    My computer hard drive crashed a few weeks ago and I lost the program that allows transfer of videos. AGGGHHHH ! What do i do now?
    Regards
    Kevin

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

If you actually paid extra for it, then it was probably TiVo Desktop Plus (as opposed to the free TiVo Desktop version), assuming we're talking PC and not Mac.

3. ferrumpneuma

ferrumpneuma fading fast

Jun 1, 2006
    Anhedonia
    Might he be referring to when TiVo sold the subscription to the "Pictures and Music and more.." separately from the DVR functions?

4. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cary, NC
    Tivo Home Media option was $99 and is now included. Tivo Desktop sounds like what he is looking for.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    That would be my guess.
    I'd also guess that he doesn't know that everything he paid extra for has been included at no extra cost with a regular subscription for a decade.

6. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    I think the OP was from Australia or New Zealand. They charge extra for TTG down under.

The free version of Desktop should still work. It asks that question at the beginning of the installation.