1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo HDs lost their names cannot browse recordings on other Tivos

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by trackie999, Oct 1, 2013.

1. trackie999

trackie999 New Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I have 3 Tivo HDs and they have been functioning fine for years...

This weekend one after the other they lost their names I have assigned to them on Tivo.com.
    Instead, in System info they display DVR Name: <Name this DVR on tivo.com>
    (On Tivo.com, all 3 have names showing correctly)
    In now playing list, each one shows the other 2 DVRs as "DVR-1234 DVR" where 1234 is the last 4 digits of the Tivo's service number.

Multi Room Viewing is also broke. When I try to browse the shows on other Tivos it displays "DVR-1234 DVR has no recordings. Press left to return to Now Playing List."

Off course all 3 Tivos are full of recordings. I can record new ones and watch existing ones.

I forced service connections & rebooted Tivos several times, but the issue doesn't appear to go away.

When searching this forum I see that this happened to some Tivos a couple years ago and it turned out to be an issue with Tivo Servers. I am wondering if same thing is happening again.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

2. trackie999

trackie999 New Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Issue Resolved -

I had my Tivos stuck on 11.0k because I had upgradesoftware=false set in bootpage

Once I removed it and let Tivos upgrade everything is back to normal.

I guess this is Tivos way to force users to upgrade to latest software...

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    OH... so your tivo's are hacked? With power comes responsibility! :)
    (If there is a way to access that setting in non-hacked Tivo's, please tell us how! I've only had my TiVo HD for 4+ years, but I still learn new things now and then.)

4. trackie999

trackie999 New Member

Sep 14, 2009
    upgradesoftware=false is a boot option and does not require any hacks.
    Hook your Tivo HD up to your PC and boot via MFS Live CD then you can modify bootpage options with bootpage command