1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo HD w/ Lifetime Service and Extended Warranty $350 shipped

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by oregonman, Jun 1, 2012.

1. oregonman

oregonman Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Portland OR
    Has product lifetime service which means no monthly fees. It is model TCD652160 with a 160 GB drive. Holds about 20 hours HD or 180 hours SD programming.

This has an extended warranty from Tivo that is good through 6/20/2013 and is transferable to the buyer. It does have a problem. Sometimes the fan becomes very noisy. When it happens, I turn it off, then on (may take a few tries) and then it runs fine for months. I could get it replaced under the warranty, but since it has been a minor inconvenience, I thought that I would get as much life out of it as I could before getting it replaced. I think that the replacement will be eligible for another extended warranty ($40 for 3 years). I'm not 100% sure, but that is how I got the extended warranty on this one. I had a Tivo that failed during the warranty period and this one was the replacement and it was eligible for an extended warranty.

Includes original remote that is in great shape because I use a universal remote.

$350 including shipping to lower 48 states.

2. Princess9483

Princess9483 New Member

May 27, 2012
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Not to rag on you but there are a few of these for sale on here that are cheaper and/or have a lot more to offer without any known problems. Just saying.

3. oregonman

oregonman Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Portland OR
    Yes it has a problem, but it also has the extended warranty. I don't think that the ones that are the same price or cheaper have the extended warranty, unless I missed it. I hope that someone sees that as a value. Especially since they should have the option to buy another extended warranty when the unit is replaced under the existing warranty. I'm usually not a fan of extended warranties, but in the case of a Tivo with lifetime, it protects the investment in the lifetime service.

4. maeella

maeella New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    at least you are honest about the issue.

5. Princess9483

Princess9483 New Member

May 27, 2012
    Tampa Bay, FL
    That is true. Most wouldn't have said anything.

Btw your pricing is dead on for eBay.

6. oregonman

oregonman Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Portland OR
    It is sold. I got $300 for it via craigslist.