1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TIVO HD: Not Getting Full Recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mphtrilogy, Feb 6, 2013.

1. mphtrilogy

mphtrilogy New Member

May 29, 2007
    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem. I have a TIVO HD, with a Verizon FIOS, Cable Card.

Some of the programs I have been recording are skipping to the end, and I am getting only "half" a program.

Last night, I got 15 minutes of "The New Girl" It recorded the beginning played for a bit, then it seemed like a slight pixalation issue occurred, then boom, its at the end of the program, only 15 minutes total recorded..

It happened to me on Shark Tank last week as well, and "the Following" as well.

Is this a cable card issue or a Tivo HD issue?

Not sure if anyone else has been having this weird problem.

I am going to try and record some stuff off my antenna to see if it is a cable card issue, but wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks for the help.
  2. tivosupport_gen

tivosupport_gen New Member

Feb 4, 2013
    mphtrilogy, usually when you see pixilation it is caused by a cable signal issue. It also seems that this might occur more frequently during Prime Time hours or when there are more TV watchers at one time.
    Can you take a look at the signal between 7-9pm?
    Go to live TV on a high numbered channel, aboue 200 if possible.
    Press the TIVO button and select Settings & Messages (or Messages & Settings) > Account & System Information > DVR Diagnostics.
    RS Uncorrected:
    RS Corrected:

Thank you,
  3. unitron

unitron New Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Unfortunately TiVos have never handled temporary signal loss as gracefully as your average 20 year old VCR, not even the analog tuner S1s and S2s.

No doubt it's no better when looking at digital signals.
  4. mphtrilogy

mphtrilogy New Member

May 29, 2007
    I will do that this weekend.

thankyou for the help!!