1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo HD HDMI port not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Ziggy86, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Ziggy86

Ziggy86 Member

Jun 22, 2004
    I get no signal when hooking up my Tivo HD via HDMI cables. It worked in the past but since moving the unit to a different room the hdmi port is not working, I have tried different cables and no luck. If I wiggle the cable the pictures appears for a second.

Is there a DYI to replace the HDMI connector? If so where do I get the part.

If I need to send it out how much might it cost and wheer are some places that do the repair because I wish to keep the lifetime service I have on it.

Thanks,
    Steven

2. bshrock

bshrock Member

Jan 6, 2012
    If it is like my TiVo HDXL the HDMI connector has physically worked loose from the board. I tried bracing it with cardboard shims and finally gave up and switched to use composite input. Fortunately any High Def viewing can be done using my Premiere with MRV.

Check with the local repair shops they just might be able to re-flow the the connection if that is your cause.

3. Ziggy86

Ziggy86 Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Thank you, why not use component cable for High Def viewing?

4. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Nothing wrong with using either composite or component. At normal viewing distance you likely won't even notice any difference.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Even I can see a difference, and I have rotten eyesight.

6. bshrock

bshrock Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Component would be preferred. I do most of the viewing using the Premiere with the big TV the TiVo HD is used for its tuners and storage.
    1. I had Composite cables handy.
    2. The TV's component inputs are in back, moving the TV and disturbing a lot of wires would be required to access.
    3. The TiVo HDXL is only accessed for maintenance (deleting recordings).
    4. Just being lazy.

7. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Must be better than mine. ;)