1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo HD doesn't work with NBA League Pass?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by billbutter, Oct 1, 2007.

1. billbutter

billbutter New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    So my wife just ordered me a Tivo HD for my birthday and I'm extremely psyched! I've been stuck with Cablevision's SA 8300 for the past year when I went HD after years with my Series 2.

One of the big things I wanted to do was subscribe to NBA League Pass and TivoToGo all the Celtics games and watch them on my iPhone during my commute. Imagine my horror when I went to Optimum/Cablevision's website today to find this:

Is this for real? What else does this affect aside from NBA League Pass? PLEASE tell me this isn't true...

- Peter

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

Tvo2go will not even be on the TivoHD until November and the PPV probably would not work,.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    And at that, League Pass would likely be copy protected as such TiVoTogo wouldn't work on it.

LP is probably going to be SDV or VOD, requiring a two-way box.

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

It's most likly SDV

5. danlo

danlo New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Does that mean something like MLB extra innings on Comcast won't work on Tivo HD?

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

depends on on how the contracts are set up. They might be straight PPV channels you can call and order or SDV.

7. rogmatic

rogmatic New Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Sorry to bump a super old thread but I am moving to an area that has Comcast and wondered if TiVo would record NBA league pass on Comcast. It didn't work with TWC (or at least I couldn't get it to work) so I had to use Appletv, which worked okay except it is horrible at fast forwarding through commercials - you can only watch a game live.