1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo HD and netflix, hanging?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by wkearney99, Jun 7, 2012.

1. wkearney99

wkearney99 Bill Kearney

Dec 5, 2003
    Bethesda,...
    I've got a Tivo HD that's been working great. Lately it's been hanging up but only after playing about 3 or 4 netflix streams. Basically, my son likes to watch a couple of episodes of Spiderman. Upon trying to watch a 3rd episode the stream never starts. If I back out and try another two the same thing happens, the stream doesn't start. If I back out and try to just play a recorded program (not netflix) then the whole Tivo hangs for about 5 minutes. After which it comes back to life normally (without having rebooted). I can even go back into the Netflix client and play one of the previously non-starting episodes.

It seems like the Netflix client is somehow causing a problem that takes a while for the Tivo to eliminate.

Anyone else had this problem?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try rebooting the Tivo by pulling its plug, and see if this solves it.

3. wkearney99

wkearney99 Bill Kearney

Dec 5, 2003
    Bethesda,...
    Makes no difference. Trouble is, the problem is not reliably repeatable. Sometimes I can stream a half-dozen shows with no trouble, other times it'll hang when trying to begin a 3rd or 4th one and then the Tivo goes off into la-la-land for about 5 minutes (black screen left from the start of the streaming) and then starts responding again normally.

Is there a way to dump or otherwise examine the logs? I seem to recall some shortcuts to that effect...