1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo HD $99 lifetime

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JerryAC, Jul 25, 2012.

1. JerryAC

JerryAC Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Harrison, AR
    I was offered a few months ago a lifetime subscription for my Tivo HD for $99.the Tivo rep said I could purchase it at any time as he had noted the offer on my account.

I watch the HD unit very little, and have decided to deactivate it and put it in the closet, or offer it for sale.

I have a Premiere that I bought used on ebay which is grandfathered at the $12.95 rate. I will keep this one for now. It still has about 20 months warranty left in it.

Should I purchase the lifetime on the HD and try to sell it, or sell it without the lifetime? I'm not an e-bay seller, although I have bought on e-bay. I would like to get about $200 out of the unit with lifetime. It doesn't have much value without the lifetime.

Opinions or Suggestions?

Thanks

2. stcaudle12

stcaudle12 New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Texas
    Well a tivo hd sells for about $50 but with lifetime $250 so it seems like a good deal to buy the $99 lifetime. Still have to pay ebay fees.

3. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Get the $99 lifetime and sell it on Ebay. Without subscription its not worth much at all, but with lifetime on it you could get as much as $300 to $350 from what I have seen. Just go to Ebay and search for "Tivo Lifetime" and then look at the completed auctions. That should give you a good idea of what they are going for. I would definately take advantage of the $99 lifetime if its offered.

4. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    With lifetime the HD will easily bring $250 on eBay and probably a bit more.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    $12.95 is the standard monthly rate for a Premiere with MSD. If the THD is your only other TiVo, removing it from your account would mean you no longer qualify.

6. JerryAC

JerryAC Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Harrison, AR
    My Premiere monthly is $12.95. No MSD required to get that rate. I am now paying $9.95 for the HD, which has the MSD applied.

7. JerryAC

JerryAC Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Harrison, AR
    Thanks for the information. I need to go ahead with the lifetime on the HD. Then sell it on e-bay.

8. emphasis

emphasis New Member

Jul 28, 2012
    definitely a good deal

9. steinercat

steinercat New Member

Nov 16, 2007