1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo hates new Redskins QB?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bmgoodman, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Sep 9, 2012 #1 of 14
    bmgoodman

bmgoodman Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Northern...
    So, for the first time in over a decade, my TiVo totally let me down by NOT recording today's Redskins game, featuring the NFL debut of their top draft pick, Robert Griffin III. I checked the To Do list last night, and the game was right there. Imagine my surprise to return home today at nearly 2:30 PM to begin watching the game, only to find NO GAME being recorded!!

So, I missed 1.5 quarters of the debut. Not going to end the world, but still pretty disappointing. TiVo "thought" the Redskins were not playing. I just checked Zap2It, and it shows the 1 PM game being Eagles v. Browns.

I've never had this happen before. It's very odd that the Redskins/Saints game managed to disappear from the schedule since last night. I'm a bit surprised that nobody else was mentioned it here. :thumbsdown:

Well, life goes on. But the timing was bad! SO glad I didn't stay out longer this afternoon!

2. Sep 9, 2012 #2 of 14
    jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern...
    I saw mention in another thread that the guide listing was wrong, and didn't list Skins/Saints for this area.

3. Sep 9, 2012 #3 of 14
    dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Guide changes are not unheard of. If the guide changes and the Tivo connects and downloads the new information, yes the To Do list can/will change.

Tivo merely did what it's programmed to do.

4. Sep 9, 2012 #4 of 14
    jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    He had a great game.

he just needs to not do that when he plays against the Cowboys.

5. Sep 9, 2012 #5 of 14
    waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I manually record the games. I set it yesterday or the day before.
    Today when I went to watch I was surprised to see it listed as Philly vs. the Browns.

However, it is the Skins vs. the Saints.

Somebody screwed up somewhere in programming land. How could they think that the Skins wouldn't be broadcast in the DC area. My guess is that they had a new guy doing the programming at Tribune and they screwed up.

BTW - I could download using KMMTG and convert to MPG and you could download from my server if you like.

(I am not violating and TCF rules by offering that, am I? If so I apologize.)

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I noticed this at 1PM. Just in time for kick off. For some reason the guide data was showing a different game being broadcast. I had to manually initiate a recording.

It was certainly a good start for Robert Griffin III!

7. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    My HTPC with WMC recorded it just fine. No scheduling problems here. Great game, BTW. RGIII was awesome.:up:

8. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    DFW
    Same here. I was watching live and had to run out at halftime. When I manually hit the record button, I noticed it said it was the Eagles/Browns.

9. larrs

larrs Movie Fan-Addict

May 2, 2005
    DFW
    Who is the supplier of the guide data you use?

10. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Serves ya'll right for not recording all of the NFL games regardless of who is playing.:D

11. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Zap2It. I thought it was the same supplier that provides guide data to Tivos. Zap2It is owned by Tribune Media, IIRC.

12. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    How could that be(considering this situation)? Does wmc not connect to update as often as Tivo?

Maybe they(MS) contract with Tribune for a custom guide?

13. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    More likely a timing thing.

14. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I watched the game on my Premier via LiveTV. The guide data was correct before kickoff.