1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Glo Remote with 40" Vizio 2.1 Sound Bar (SB4021E-B0) with wireless sub

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by AdgeTimick, Dec 27, 2013.

1. AdgeTimick

AdgeTimick New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Can anyone please confirm that the new TiVo Glo Learning Remote (tivo.com/shop/detail/tivo-glo-remote) will learn to control the sound level on a particular 40" Vizio 2.1 Sound Bar (SB4021E-B0) with a wireless subwoofer (amzn.com/B00BHAQ2KO)? I've searched the internet AND this forum, and I can't find confirmation of this. If it works, obviously I'll buy a new remote for the TiVo, but if not, this sound bar is going back to the retailer. I don't want to drop $30 on a new remote for no reason, and I'm not using multiple remotes just to control sound. Already have too many.

So, just to review, please let me know if you have successfully programmed a TiVo Glo Learning Remote to control a Vizio SB4021E-B0 sound bar.

Thanks in advance!

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    Vizio products don't usually give learning remotes any problems. Go for it.

3. AdgeTimick

AdgeTimick New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    Thanks, Edmund. Since no one else has responded, I'll let you know if it works out.

4. MARKPIE

MARKPIE New Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Not to hijack but anyone with experience on the Toshiba SBX4250KN ? The regular peanut can't do a thing with it so I was thinking of updating to a Tivo remote that can learn.

5. WRX09MD

WRX09MD Member

Aug 24, 2013
    I have a vizio soundbar and used its remote to program the new slide with no issues.

6. AdgeTimick

AdgeTimick New Member

Dec 26, 2013
    I can now confirm that the TiVo Glo remote learned how to control the volume on my 40" Vizio 2.1 Sound Bar (SB4021E-B0).

Here are some tips:

- When teaching your remote, hold the two remotes only one inch apart or less.
    - When TiVo says to "press" the button on your other remote that you want to be programmed to your TiVo remote, be sure to actually "hold" said button until the TiVo remote blinks four times.
    - When finished, hit the TiVo button again to confirm your changes.