1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo for tablets not working or listed?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by falcon26, Jul 7, 2012.

1. falcon26

falcon26 Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Northern Ca
    Got AOKP Rom installed so far everything works awesome. But when I goto the market to download Tivo for Tablets, not the regular Tivo app but the one for Tablets its not listed in the market. If I use my nephews TF101 its their but not with my TF300. When I goto Tivo's site it says that it will work with my TF300. Is their something in the AOKP rom that prevents it from working?

2. geekaren

geekaren TiVo Rocks, eh?!

Aug 25, 2005
    Connecticut
    It looks like your nephew's tablet is on an earlier Android version (3.2, Honeycomb) if still running the stock ROM.

IIRC, AOKP ROMs are Android 4.04. Appears the TiVo for Tablet app is compatible with Android 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich), so that shouldn't be the problem.

You may have more success posting this question in the ROM forum thread to get input from the ROM developer. My guess is that the AOKP ROM you've installed has changed how your tablet is being identified by Google Play (Android Market).

3. falcon26

falcon26 Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Northern Ca
    Aw OK. Can someone post the apk for the TiVo tablet app?

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    There is an app that will let you back up apps from the device you currently use it on. Then just transfer it to the tablet. I think this is what I did earlier this year when it first came out but I'm not sure off hand what the backup program was that I used.

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
  6. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    It is not issues with Google Play. TiVo is setting restrictions on which devices they claim compatibility with. It is both good and bad. Good when the restrictions are actually appropriate because of true compatibility issues. Bad when it is simply because it has MINOR issues or hasn't even been tested with the device.

7. ComputerLover

ComputerLover New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Auburn,WAshi...
    my htc evo view tablet's tivo is working but htc evo view's google play(android market) see tivo.apk apps not in. so i use my smartphone 's google play see tivo.apk copy it into sd memory card take out to in tablet's memory card see tivo.apk click run that it.. tablet's google play can't find tivo, pogo, vrs, etc.. use smartphone's google play's apps copy it into sd memory card just easy way

8. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I think I understand what you are saying. But doing what you are doing is getting you only the phone version of the TiVo app, not the [miserably slow] tablet version of the TiVo app.

Of course, that is what I would recommend (for now), anyway...