1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo FlashPlayer

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mpaulez, Sep 6, 2011.

1. mpaulez

mpaulez New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    I wrote a swf app to stream media content through the Tivo flash player.

My problem is that when i try to stream a file that is larger than 1Gb the players stays in "Buffering.." and nothing plays. However, if the content is small, it plays just fine.

I am using a groovy/grails app as my server to send the content to the swf.
    I set all the headers correctly to the outstream request, but still, the flashplayer stays in buffering.. :(

I capture a tcpdump and i see that all the headers are correct for the content to play. I can even see correctly the atoms from my mp4.
    But for some reason, when it sent about 2Mb, the request doesn't take anymore bytes and the connection closes prematurely.

Can anyone please point me to a possible solution or documentation that talks about the flash player limitations?

Thanks so much in advance,
  2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
  3. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    mpaulez, please tell us how to write a SWF app for the TiVo. I haven't seen that information.

The 1 GB limit, however (actually 1.1?) is something that we ran into when playing video streams via HME apps (also not documented).