1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo: Failed while negotiating

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by twhiting9275, Oct 13, 2013.

1. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 TV Buff!

Nov 17, 2006
    Anyone else seeing this tonight?
    It's not a local network thing, AFAIK. Last successful update was at 5:34 pm CST, and nothing's changed at all since then, yet both Tivos are now reporting 'failed while negotiating', 'unrecoverable error' when trying to connect to the Tivo Service?

2. tgww

tgww New Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Tivo, We have a problem...

Confirming that I am seeing this as well. 9:05 EDT

Service resumed by about 9:45

3. uw69

uw69 Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Washington
    I believe Tivo servers are down. Other threads about this issue tonight.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Well, that would explain why my 240 can see the rest of the network and vice-versa, but can't connect with the mothership.

Wrote the above a few hours ago, but didn't post it. Problem seems to have been solved on their end since then.

5. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 TV Buff!

Nov 17, 2006
    Yup. was only down a couple hours, but that's still a couple hours too many ;)

6. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    The problem is, on a series 5 Roamio (I did not try this on the Series 4) you can't manually stop a recording if the TiVo network is down, bummer, and you can't use OD, Netflix, or program your TiVo, except for you in home network your TiVo is like one without any service. This means if TiVo someday went away, to keep using your TiVo would require more than just a program guide hack, the TiVo is now tethered very closely to the TiVo servers.