1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Developers Wanted

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by willyd, May 24, 2012.

1. willyd

willyd New Member

May 24, 2012
    I represent an MSO and we're interested in developing Tivo applications on the new Air framework. If you're a developer who's been doing this in your spare time and would consider some additional work, please PM me your resume and some samples of past accomplishments. Thanks!

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The TiVo SDK isn't available to the public yet, so I don't think there aren any developers doing this in their spare time. So far TiVo has only given the SDK out to strategic partners like Netflix and Hulu.

Dan

3. willyd

willyd New Member

May 24, 2012
    As a strategic partner we do have access to the new SDK; however, we intend to develop against the existing SDK and upgrade as appropriate down the road. Given this, if you're interested in some app development work, please PM me your resume and/or samples of past work. Thanks!

Bill

4. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Heh, please contact Tivo about getting some real developers for the Flash-based UI while you're at it.

5. rhettf

rhettf R3T1CAL

Apr 5, 2012
    Oakland, CA
    I hope your with amazon!

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    My point was that it's unlikely you'll find anyone on this forum who has experience with the SDK as it is currently only available to a handful of people. You're probably going to have to hire a programmer with experience in the language the SDK is for (Java? Flash?) and then have them learn the SDK as they go. Unless you get really lucky and someone who works for one of the other strategic partners happens to read this forum.

Dan

7. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    He did say he wanted someone familiar with Adobe Air.

8. theraven146

theraven146 New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Nice to know that there are some interests for developing applications for Tivo. However, as Dan 203 points out, there could be a lack of developers owing to lack of SDK. It would be interesting to see how developers fare with the situation.